(This page will continue to be updated as we get further information.)
The dance styles of the 1920s through the 1930s:
San Francisco Bay Area
The Art Deco Society of California
- A useful resource to find out where to go to just have fun dancing to the music of the 1920s and 1930’s or even if you want to take a few dance lessons.
- Official website: Dance information from the Art Deco Society of California.
A San Francisco Bay Area group of dancers/models who bring to life the era of the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s with performances in the “Busby Berkeley Style” of tap dance, swing dance, and charleston.
- Official website: http://www.martinimusic.com/decobelles.htm
- On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DecoBelles
The Charleens – Vintage Dance Troupe
Dance and entertainment troupe, specializing in dances of the 1920’s and beyond!
- Official website: http://www.thecharleens.com
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Charleens-Vintage-Dance-Troupe/190091337692530
Although this popular dance style originated during this era, it has been included under the following section: See the 1940’s to 1950’s