Updated September 29, 2015. (Check back often. This page will be frequently updated.)
If you have information on dance auditions or job listings for dancers, email us at our CONTACT page and we’ll post it FREE!
Additional audition information may be listed under a specific dance form: See DANCE COMMUNITY.
(For other US regions, see Auditions and Casting.)
MALE MUSICAL THEATER DANCERS – VARIOUS LOCATIONS
Male dancers needed for an ongoing revue with performances at special events such as weddings, bar mitzvahs, family milestones, banquets, holiday celebrations and other private parties and public appearances. Must have musical theater and/or ballet experience (a la “A Chorus Line,” “West Side Story,” “Fiddler on the Roof,” etc.). Tumbling, gymnastics or acrobatic skills are a big plus, but in no way required. Very flexible schedule, as there is no conflict with other jobs (if you are unavailable, you may decline any particular job offered). Excellent pay, and each performance averages only 20 minutes. The entire rehearsal will be under 2 hours. Positions are open to both union and non-union performers as these events do not fall within union jurisdiction.
- Official website – http://www.bottledancers.com
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Amazing-Bottle-Dancers/69580034765
We are seeking talent (local hires only) for our troupes in each of the following locations (You must be available to perform in one of these areas):
- Los Angeles, Southern California, San Diego and Orange County, San Francisco and Northern California
- New York City / Tri-State area, Buffalo / Albany / Upstate NY, Toronto, Boston
- Las Vegas
- Miami, Fort Lauderdale and South Florida, Tampa, Orlando and Central Florida
- Philadelphia and surrounding, Baltimore and surrounding, Washington DC metro
To be considered, email pasproductions@Yahoo.com the following: SUBJECT LINE: “Male Dancer – Name of Your City” (or your submission will not be opened). IN THE BODY OF YOUR EMAIL: Full name and stage name (if any), preferred email address, contact phone number. EMAIL ATTACHMENTS: Photo or headshot, performer resume
Los Angeles and Southern California
Disney Auditions: http://disneyauditions.com
ACTC WINTER WONDERLAND – SINGERS WHO MOVE – COSTA MESA, CA
Casting American Coast Theater Company’s Winter Wonderland, a 90-minute song and dance show which will highlight sacred and popular Christmas folk tunes. Runs Dec. 7-23 in Costa Mesa, CA. Seeking Singers : 18-35, All Ethnicities: specifically looking for second soprano and a bass baritone. Bring headshot and resume. Prepare one minute of an up-tempo song; specifically looking for second soprano and a bass baritone. Pays $1,000.
- Sunday, October 4, 2015
- 5pm – singers who move
- Lyceum Theatre, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA
EMPIRE – DANCERS AND SINGERS WHO DANCE – LA MIRADA, CA
McCoy/Rigby Entertainment is casting “Empire.” 12/14/15 First Rehearsal, 1/10/15 load in/tech, 1/23/15 Press Opening, 2/14/15 Closing (Christmas and New Years Day will be off). Performances are Wednesday and Thursday night (7:30pm), Friday 8pm, Saturday 2pm and 8pm and Sunday matinee (2pm). Dir/Choreo: Marcia Milgrom Dodge.
Tony Sheldon will be playing the role of John Raskob. Offers out for the roles of Michael, Frankie and Al Smith.
- Michael Shaw, 30’s. Handsome, charming, an architect and dreamer with the heart and soul of an artist. He’s in charge and ambitious, though a touch joyful and naïve. He’s been at his profession for a while, paying his dues, but finally has a chance to do something great. Solid comic instincts, and strong pop tenor who can also manage swing, sing up to solid A and move well.
- Frankie Goodheart, 30’s. A can-do, get-it-done, gal who’s been behind-the-scenes too long. She’s a confident, worldly, knows-everyone, deal-maker, but vulnerable as the always un-credited team player. More of a doer than a dreamer, she harbors a long-held wish to be at the top. Solid comic instincts, and strong soprano, with pop belt to a solid E, who can move well/dance.
- Al Smith, 50’s/60’s. Based on the real NYC ex-governor. A charismatic, promoter, fun and joyful. He loves the people and they worship him. A terrific comic, mature baritone/tenor to a solid Ab who can move well;
- Betty Raskob, 20’s, high-spirited, engaged, fun-loving and capable rich girl who could also pass as a construction worker. She has a dream that goes beyond traditional roles, and takes a great risk to achieve it. An alto with a wide range to a solid D, who can dance;
- Ethan O’Dowd, 20’s, an Irish immigrant who works construction to support his family. He is confidant, sure, and exceedingly likeable. He and his wife are forever in love. A youthful lyric tenor to a solid A who can dance;
- Emily O’Dowd, 20’s, Ethan’s wife, also an Irish immigrant. She is an earnest, loving wife and a good mother, She is both fearful and hopeful. A youthful soprano to a D;
- Bucky Brandt, 18+, a scrappy, hopeful and courageous water boy. A tenor to an A who can dance and tumble; Abe Klayman, 40’s/50’s, the site foreman. Strong, respected, means well, but tough. A semi-gruff baritone/tenor to a solid A who can dance.
- ENSEMBLE: Pakulski 25-40. Character actor/singer/dancer. Excellent rhythm tapper, athletic, Height: Tall (6’+);
- De Caprio 25-40. Character actor/singer/dancer. Good rhythm tapper, good character actor;
- Menzo- 25-40. Character actor/singer/dancer. Good rhythm tapper, strong acrobat, balancing skills; circus skills essential;
- Pomahac- 25-40. Mohawk Native American. Character actor/singer/dancer. Native American or ethnic. Good rhythm tapper. Mohawk hoop dancer Seeking authentic Native American Hoop Dancer;
- Rudy- 25-40. Mohawk Native American Character actor/singer/dancer. Good rhythm tapper, acrobat, balancing skills, also hoops;
- Jesse: 25-40. Mohawk Native American. Character actor/singer/dancer. Good rhythm tapper, acrobat, balancing skills, also hoops;
- Okulov/Reporter . 25-40. Character actor/singer/dancer. Russian. Strong rhythm tapper, good character actor, compact, fair skin coloring;
- Fitz: 25-40. Dancer. Character Actor/Singer/Dancer. Open to all Ethnicities. Strong rhythm tapper, acrobat skills;
- Hattie: 25-35. Character Actress/Dancer/Singer. Strong rhythm tapper, good character actor;
- Roz: 25-35. Character Actress/Dancer /Singer. Strong rhythm tapper, good character actor;
- Hazel: 25-35. Asian. Character Actress/Dancer/Singer. Strong rhythm tapper, good character actor;
- Minnie: 25-35. African American. Character Actress/Dancer/Singer. Strong rhythm tapper, good character actor;
- Daisy: 25-35. Character Actress/Dancer/Singer. Open to all Ethnicities. Strong rhythm tapper, good character actor;
- Ruby: 25-35. Character Actress/Dancer/Singer. Open to all Ethnicities. Strong rhythm tapper, good character actor.
Contemporary broadway material to show range and flexibility.Bring your own sheet music please. Contract: COST 3; $783/wk min.
- Mon, Oct 5, 2015
- 11am-5pm (sign-in 10am) – EPA/Singers
- McCoy Rigby Rehearsal Hall, 15519 Phoebe Avenue, La Mirada, CA
- Mon, Oct 12, 2015
- 11am (sign-in 10:30am) – male dancers
- 1:30pm (sign-in 1pm) – female dancers
- McCoy Rigby Rehearsal Hall, 15519 Phoebe Avenue, La Mirada, CA
HAIRSPRAY – SINGERS/DANCERS – MONROVIA, CA
Casting “Hairspray.” Synopsis: It’s 1962 in Baltimore, and the lovable plus-size teen Tracy Turnblad has only one desire–to dance on the popular “Corny Collins Show.” When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star. She must use her newfound power to dethrone the reigning Teen Queen, win the affections of heartthrob Link Larkin, and integrate a TV network, all without denting her ‘do. Rehearses Nov. 2-Dec. 3 (Mon.-Fri., 6:30-10:30 p.m.; no rehearsal scheduled Nov. 26-27; Sat./Sun. rehearsals will be called as needed, particularly as opening approaches); performs Dec. 4 (8 p.m.), Dec. 5 (2 & 8 p.m.), and Dec. 6 (4 p.m.) in Monrovia, CA.
- Tracy Turnblad (Lead): Female, 16-30, All Ethnicities: a pleasantly plump teenager with a big heart who has dreams of being a dancing star…as soon as she’s out of detention for her big hair; isn’t afraid to be herself and stand up for what she believes in; friendly, relentless, and goodhearted with a vibrant, lovable personality; must love to sing and dance; on stage for a lot of the show so she must have stamina and talent–she performs in 10+ numbers including “Good Morning Baltimore,” “I Can Hear The Bells,” and many more; mezzo-belt;
- Wilbur Turnblad (Lead): Male, 35-65, All Ethnicities: Tracy’s goofy father, who owns the Har-De-Har Hut joke shop and is still madly in love with his wife, Edna; encourages Tracy to follow her dreams; performs in 2+ numbers including “You’re Timeless To Me”; baritone;
- Corny Collins (Lead): Male, 25-40, All Ethnicities: the exciting, confident, dancing and singing host of his own TV dance show (think “American Bandstand” at its inception); in favor of Tracy and racial integration; performs in 4+ numbers including “Nicest Kids In Town” and “Hairspray”; tenor;
- Penny Pingleton (Supporting): Female, 16-30, All Ethnicities: Tracy’s slightly dorky, but lovable best friend who is often by her side (when not grounded for life by her mother, Prudy); falls head over heels for Seaweed; performs in 4+ numbers including “Mama, I’m A Big Girl Now” and “Without Love”; belt;
- Amber von Tussle (Lead): Female, 16-30, All Ethnicities: bratty, selfish resident princess of “The Corny Collins Show”; her mother’s daughter through and through, she is willing to do anything to win the “Miss Teenage Hairspray” pageant; council member; performs in 7+ numbers including “Cooties”; belt;
- Velma von Tussle (Lead): Female, 18+, All Ethnicities: Amber’s slim and attractive but overbearing mother who pushes her daughter to seek stardom; the scheming producer of “The Corny Collins Show” who tries to steer it in the “white” direction; her sensitivities are offended at the very sight of Tracy; a great villainess role; performs in 4+ numbers including “Miss Baltimore Crabs”; belt;
- Link Larkin (Lead): Male, 16-35, All Ethnicities: teenage heartthrob, aspiring young Elvis, and male lead dancer on “The Corny Collins Show”; falls in love with Tracy (Amber is soooo jealous); council member; performs in 7+ numbers including “It Takes Two”; crooning baritone;
- Seaweed J. Stubbs (Lead): Male, 16-35, All Ethnicities: Motormouth Maybelle’s son and a talented dancer on “The Corny Collins Show,” but only allowed on “Negro Day”; ends up in detention with Tracy; falls in love with Penny; performs in 4+ numbers including “Run And Tell That”; tenor;
- Motormouth Maybelle (Lead): Female, 25-65, All Ethnicities: the sassy Corny Collins “Negro Day” DJ; owner of a record store and mother to Seaweed and Little Inez; plus-sized, she helps Edna find pride in herself; performs in 3+ numbers including “Big, Blonde & Beautiful” and “I Know Where I’ve Been”; soulful alto; Little Inez (Supporting): Female, 10-15, All Ethnicities: Seaweed’s little sister and just as talented a dancer; tries to audition for “The Corny Collins Show” but is turned away because she is black by Velma; performs in 3+ numbers including “Run And Tell That”; belt;
- The Dynamites (Supporting): Female, 20-40, All Ethnicities: Judine, Kamilah, and Shayna–talented vocal trio a la The Supremes; featured in many numbers together and usually in tight harmony; may double for other ensemble roles;
- Council Members (Supporting): Males & Females, 16-55, All Ethnicities: Tammy, Brad, Fender, Brenda, Sketch, Shelley, IQ, Lou Ann–dancers and singers on “The Corny Collins Show”; perform in 5+ numbers including “Nicest Kids In Town” and “You Can’t Stop The Beat.”;
- Other Students (Supporting): Males & Females, 16-30, All Ethnicities: Gilbert, Duane, Lorraine, Stooie, Thad–kids we find in detention, and most in Motormouth Maybelle’s record shop; perform in 4+ numbers including “Welcome to the 60’s” and “You Can’t Stop The Beat.”;
- Female Authority Figure (Supporting): Female, 25-60, All Ethnicities: the roles of Prudy Pingleton (Penny’s uptight mother), the sadistic gym teacher, and the prison matron are often played by one cameo performer;
- Male Authority Figure (Supporting): Male, 25-60, All Ethnicities: the roles of Harriman F. Spritzer (President of Ultra Clutch Cosmetics, “Corny Collins Show” sponsor), the high-blood pressure principal, and Mr. Pinky (owner of a plus-sized dress shop) are often played by one cameo performer;
- Dance/Ensemble Roles (Chorus / Ensemble): Males & Females, 16-40, All Ethnicities: additional ensemble roles TBD.
Small TBD stipends will be available for lead actors and some dance ensemble members.
- Mon, Oct 12, 2015
- 6:30pm-10:30pm – principals
- Tue, Oct 13, 2015
- 6:30pm-10:30pm – singers who dance/dancers who sing
- Taylor Performing Arts Center, 845 W. Colorado Blvd, Monrovia, CA
RAGTIME – PRINCIPALS/SINGERS WHO DANCE – SAN DIEGO, CA
San Diego Musical Theatre is casting “Ragtime.” First Non-Union Rehearsal: Friday, January 8, 2016. First Equity Rehearsal: Friday, January 15, 2016. First Performance: Friday, February 5, 2016. Closing: Sunday, February 21, 2016. Dir/Choreo: Paul David Bryant. Seeking Singers. SEEKING: A Multi-Ethnic/Multi-Racial cast including all ages, about 30 adults/older teens, and 3 featured children. 3-6 additional children may be cast for ensemble, ages 8-14. The entire ensemble sings. Generally minimal dance requirements, although preferable for African-American Ensemble members to be dancers. We typically hire 2-4 Equity contracts per show and the rest of the roles will be cast from non-union actors. We do have some housing for out of town actors. Please note: No video or out of state submissions accepted at this time. Ages listed are based on history and/or author recommendations, and should not be taken literally. All Lead roles must be exceptional singers/technicians. The score is demanding (no skirting around notes). Coalhouse Walker, Jr: (lead) African-American male. 25-35 (baritone with strong top range; range: Ab to G, with a sustained high F#). Intense dance; pianist; proud, confident, and stubborn; Sarah: (lead) African-American female. Late teens-early 20’s (lyric soprano; range: low G# to high F# on staff); Mother: (lead) Anglo-American female. 30+ (lyric soprano; range: low G to high Eb on staff) gentle, compassionate, optimistic; Father: (lead) Anglo-American male. 40+ (baritone; range: B to E on staff) cautious; resistant to change; Mother’s Younger Brother: (supporting) Anglo-American male. 20-25+ (tenor/baritone with strong top range: B to high F#) passionate anarchist; intense and high-strung; Young Boy: (supporting) Anglo-American male. 8-12 (juvenile voice; range: E to Db on staff) precocious and curious; Tateh: (lead) Eastern European/Jewish Immigrant male. 30+, slight accent (tenor; range: Db to high F#) intelligent, passionate, creative; Emma Goldman (cameo – historical): Eastern European/Jewish Immigrant female/Anarchist. 40+, slight accent. (alto, range: low G# to Db on staff); Harry Houdini (cameo – historical): Hungarian Immigrant male/Magician/bodybuilder. 30+ (tenor; range: mid. C to high G); Evelyn Nesbit (cameo – historical): Anglo-American female. Vaudevillian performer. 18-25 (belter/soprano, range: middle C to Db on staff) dancer preferred; Young Girl (supporting) Tateh’s daughter: Eastern European/Jewish Immigrant female. 8-12 (juvenile voice; range: E to Db on the staff) quiet and shy; Sarah’s Friend: (supporting) African-American female. Late teens – 30. (Gospel lyric-soprano or alto range: low G to stratosphere scat top note); Grandfather (cameo) (Mother’s father): Anglo-American male. 55+ (some “speak sung” lyrics, baritone) gruff & outspoken; Booker T. Washington (cameo – historical): African-American male, distinguished. 45+ (some “speak sung” lyrics, baritone); Henry Ford (cameo – historical): Anglo-American male. 30-45 (some “speak sung” lyrics, baritone); JP Morgan (cameo – historical): Anglo-American male; banking mogul. 45+ (some “speak sung” lyrics, baritone); Little Coalhouse: (cameo) Walk-on at end of show. African-American male (will consider females as well). Age 3-4 (no spoken lines or singing). SUPPORTING/ENSEMBLE ROLES: RAGTIME offers members of the three ensembles multiple opportunities to play a number of smaller parts with lines and some solos. Supporting roles with final casting decisions possibly made during rehearsals) include: Admiral Peary, Stanford White, Harry K. Thaw, Willie Conklin, Judge, train conductor, people of New Rochelle/Harlem/Union Square, Jewish immigrants, factory workers, demonstrators, newsboys, reporters, bureaucrats, Coalhouse’s Men, and numerous other ensemble roles. The RAGTIME Chorus must be one of the major stars of the show. The chorus is extremely involved and active throughout the show. The three distinct ensemble groups must each produce a full and balanced choral sound. Singer Call – All Lead roles must be exceptional singers/technicians. The score is demanding (no skirting around notes). Prepare a one minute song. You may sing from the show or a song in the style of the show. Please bring sheet music in your key. Accompanist provided. Please see Character Breakdown for each role and bring two headshots/resumes with you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule appt. Specify roles you are auditioning for and if Equity or non-union. Also specify afternoon or evening appt. Contract: Guest Artist Tier 2; $420/wk min.
- Mon, Oct 12, 2015
- 2pm-4pm – afternoon session
- 6pm-9pm – evening session
- Tue, Oct 13, 2015
- 12pm-4:30pm – afternoon session
- 5:30pm-10pm – evening session
- San Diego Musical Theatre Rehearsal Space, 4652 Mercury Street, San Diego,CA
Official announcement — http://www.broadwayworld.com/equity-audition/RAGTIME-San-Diego-Musical-Theatre-2015-11667
WHEN THE RAIN STOPS FALLING – PRINCIPALS WHO MOVE WELL – SAN DIEGO, CA
Cygnet Theatre is casting “When the Rain Stops Falling.” 1st Rehearsal: December 15th, 2015. 1st Preview: January 14th, 2016. Open: January 23rd, 2016. Close: February 14th, 2016. Seeking Equity/Non-Equity Actors. Alice Springs in the year 2039. A fish falls from the sky and lands at the feet of Gabriel York. And it still smells of the sea. It’s been raining for days, and Gabriel knows something is wrong. Fifty years earlier, his grandfather, Henry Law, predicts that fish will fall from the sky heralding a great flood which will end life on earth as we know it. In an intricate, multi-layered story that spans four generations and two continents, When the Rain Stops Falling explores patterns of betrayal, abandonment, destruction, forgiveness and love. This powerful drama unfolds with humanity, surprising humor and hope, as the past plays out into the future. The play takes place over the course of eighty years from 1959 – 2039: In a room in Alice Springs in the year 2039; In a room in London during the 1960’s; In the same room in London in 1988; In the Coorong in 1988; At Uluru in 1988; In a room and a park in Adelaide in 2013. CHARACTER BREAKDOWN: *Movement background is a plus. We will make use of actors’ bodies in space to create images, mood and atmosphere; GABRIEL LAW (late 20’s, early 30’s) – Actor to also play Andrew Price. Son of Henry and Elizabeth Law. Lost, determined to uncover secrets of himself and his estranged father; OLDER GABRIELLE YORK (50’s) – Wife of Joe Ryan. Weighted down by the loss of her young brother and the memories of Gabriel Law. Haunted, afraid, regretful. Stuck living a life she doesn’t want to live; YOUNGER GABRIELLE YORK (late 20’s, early 30’s) – Weighted down by the loss of her young brother. Haunted, afraid; HENRY LAW (40’s) — Actor to also play Gabriel York. Gabriel Law’s father. Married to Elizabeth. Frustrated and plagued by a secret guilt; OLDER ELIZABETH LAW (50’s) — Gabriel Law’s mother. Bound by dark secrets, buried deep below the surface; YOUNGER ELIZABETH LAW (30’s) – Gabriel Law’s mother. Wife of Henry Law; JOE RYAN (50’s) — The husband of Gabrielle York and stepfather of Gabriel York. Very much in love with Gabrielle, willing to sacrifice anything for her; GABRIEL YORK (50’s) — Actor to also play Henry Law. The son of Gabriel Law and Gabrielle York. Burdened with guilt and little knowledge of his family’s dark past, struggling to reunite with his estranged son; ANDREW PRICE (20’s) — Actor to also play Gabriel Law. The son of Gabriel York and the grandson of Gabriel Law. Sides will be provided. A reader will be present. Contract: SPT 8; $534/wk min. Please email for appointment, with attached headshot and resume. Contact : email@example.com .
Deadline: Friday October 9th.
****See official announcement — http://www.cygnettheatre.com/about/audition_details.php?aud_id=37
- Tue, Oct 13, 2015
- 10am-7pm – EPA
- Cygnet Rehearsal Hall (NEW), 2555 State Street, Rehearsal Hall, door to suite is on Maple Street, Suite 104, San Diego, CA
San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California
ONCE UPON A MATTRESS – SINGERS/DANCERS – PITTSBURG, CA
Casting “Once Upon a Mattress”, a musical comedy. Project description: “Carried on a wave of wonderful songs, by turns hilarious and raucous, romantic and melodic, this rollicking spin on the familiar classic of royal courtship and comeuppance provides for some side-splitting shenanigans. Chances are you’ll never look at fairy tales quite the same way again. Rehearses and performs in Pittsburg, CA. Seeking Minstrel (Lead): Male, 18-35, All Ethnicities: tenor, the handsome narrator of the story, as well as in the musical story line; Pantomime Characters (Supporting): 18+, All Ethnicities: ballet dancers needed; Princess #12 (Lead): Female, 16-25, All Ethnicities; Wizard (Supporting): 18+, All Ethnicities: will perform some basic magic tricks and some dancing, requires good comedic timing, improvisational skills a plus; Lady Larken (Lead): Female, 18-35, All Ethnicities: soprano; Queen Aggravain (Lead): Female, 30+, All Ethnicities: alto, requires good diction and ability to speak quickly as she has long monologues that must be understood and delivered quickly; Prince Dauntless (Lead): Male, 18-35, All Ethnicities: baritone; King Sextimus the Silent (Supporting): Male, 40+, All Ethnicities: mute character, needs good improvisational skills; Jester (Supporting): Male, 18+, All Ethnicities: tenor, the Jester performs a basic soft shoe dance so need someone who has basic dance ability or who can be taught, improvisational skills a plus.
See official announcement: http://www.pittsburgcommunitytheatre.org/15-16%20Season/shows_musical.html
To schedule an appt. or for more info, visit: http://www.tinyurl.com/o2gkuev
- Sat, Dec 5, 2015
- 9am-12pm – by appt only
- Mon, Tue, Dec 7, 8, 2015
- 6:30pm-9:30pm – by appt only
- Pittsburg Community Theater, 200 E Leland Rd, Pittsburg, CA
RENT – SINGERS/DANCERS – SUNNYVALE, CA
Casting “Rent”, a musical. Project description: “Based loosely on Puccini’s La Boheme, Jonathan Larson’s Rent follows a year in the life of a group of impoverished young artists and musicians struggling to survive and create in New York’s Lower East Side, under the shadow of HIV/AIDS.” Rehearsals and performances in Sunnyvale, CA. Seeking Mark Cohen (Lead): Male, 18+, All Ethnicities: baritone/second tenor C3-G4; Roger Davis (Lead): Male, 18+, All Ethnicities: rock tenor B2-A4; Mimi Marquez (Lead): Female, 18+, All Ethnicities: raw but strong voice, high belt F#3-E5, mezzo; Angel Dumott Schunard (Lead): Male, 18+, All Ethnicities: high tenor: C3-A4, also has to hit some higher notes in strong falsetto (at least up to Eb5), a vibrant drag queen and street performer, must be comfortable performing in drag; Tom Collins (Supporting): Male, 18+, All Ethnicities: baritenor F#2-A4; Maureen Johnson (Supporting): Female, 18+, All Ethnicities: big vocal range C4-F5, soprano/mezzo belt; Joanne Jefferson (Supporting): Female, 18+, All Ethnicities: mezzo pop belt Bb3-E5; Benjamin Coffin III (“Benny’) (Supporting): Male, 18+, All Ethnicities: baritone Eb3-F4; Ensemble (Chorus / Ensemble): 18+, All Ethnicities: ensemble members who will play a variety of parts throughout the show, the more dance experience you have the more you will be featured in this season of “Rent”. Prepare 16-32 bars from any song not from “Rent.” Producers note: “Due to the adult language and thematic content of the show, all actors must be over 18 years old.” Some pay.
To sign up visit: http://www.tinyurl.com/oxnnr5b
- Sun, Oct 11, 2015
- 9am-12pm – by appt only
- Mon, Oct 12, 2015
- 7pm-10pm – by appt only
- Sunnyvale Theater, 550 E. Remington Drive, Sunnyvale, CA
DIABLO BALLET – WALNUT CREEK, CA
Diablo Ballet is pleased to announce its 22nd season of the Power of Dance to feature works by George Balanchine, Val Caniparoli, alumna Tina Kay Bohnstedt and a new production of Carnival of the Animals by Resident Choreographer/Dancer Robert Dekkers. The Company will also present the 2015 Edition of A Swingin’ Holiday by Sean Kelly performed by the Diablo Ballet Swing Orchestra under the musical direction of Greg Sudmeier.
Click here for details:
Words on Dance with Pascal Molat, Nov. 16, 2015 – San Francisco, CA
Click here for details: Words on Dance
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN – PRINCIPALS WHO SING & DANCE – AURORA, CO
Aurora Fox Arts Center is casting “Catch Me If You Can.” First rehearsal: 3/21/16. Tech: 4/15/16. Open: 4/22/16. Close: 5/1516. Dir/Choreo: Piper Arpan. Seeking Actors Singers and Dancers for the Aurora Fox production of Catch Me If You Can. Actors Singers and Dancers for the Aurora Fox production of Catch Me If You Can, the story of Frank Abignale, Jr, a young man, who leaves home armed with nothing more than his boyish charm, a big imagination and millions of dollars in forged checks, Frank successfully poses as a pilot, a doctor and a lawyer – living the high life and winning the girl of his dreams. But when Frank’s lies catch the attention of FBI agent Carl Hanratty, Carl pursues Frank across the country to make him pay for his crimes; Frank Abignale, Jr- M 20s/30s- a handsome and youthful con artist. Grew up learning to disappear into another skin to avoid his problems; Carl Hanratty- M 30s-40s An FBI agent leading the investigation and search for; Frank Jr. A knowledgeable and habitual workaholic who idolizes the moment he catches his perp; Frank Abignale, Sr- M 50s-60s. Frank Jr.’s father. He is an inspiration when it comes to swindling; Paula Abignale – F 45-60s Frank Jr.’s gorgeous mother. She met Frank Sr. in France, during the war, but has fallen out of love; Brenda Strong- F 20s-30s- A young nurse and Frank Jr.’s eventual love interest; Carol Strong- F 45-60 Brenda’s boisterous mother; Roger Strong M 50s-60s Brenda’s conservative father; Ensemble of commuters, assistants, stewardesses, pilots, agents, targets, party-goers, doctors nurses, and interns. Preparation: 16-32 bars of a song and a one minute monologue in the style of the show, total time not to exceed 3 minutes. Contract: SPT 1; $229/wk min. Appts: contact the box office at 303-739-1969, Monday thru Friday 9-4 or sign up through http://aurorafoxartscenter.org/category/auditions/
See official announcement: http://aurorafoxartscenter.org/2015/09/25/auditions-for-catch-me-if-you-can/
- Sat, Oct 17, 2015
- 2pm-6pm – EPA
- Tue, Oct 20, 2015
- 6pm-10pm – EPA
- Aurora Fox Arts Center, 9900 E Colfax Avenue, Check in at Box Office/front lobby, Aurora, CO
STARSTUDDED PRODUCTIONS – LAS VEGAS, NV
Looking for vibrant, outgoing, professionals for ongoing events throughout the country, including Orlando, Detroit, NYC, Las Vegas, and more. Singers, Dancers, Actors, Aerialists, Stilt Walkers, Circus Performers, Magicians, Clowns, Balloon Artists, etc. If dancers have any questions, please enter a contact email or phone number to be posted: : Please submit headshot, resume, bodyshots, or comp cards, and demo reels Subject: (Your City) Performer Submission Submissions without that subject (replacing Your City with the city you are in) will not be seen to: Office@StarStuddedProductions
Click here for talent submission: https://starstuddedproductions.com/newtalent/
NEVADA BALLET THEATRE – LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
Beginning in January 2016 we will resume the audition process for Nevada Ballet Theatre. See links below for more information:
- Website: http://www.nevadaballet.org/
- Audition page: http://www.nevadaballet.org/html/Auditions.html
Vegas Auditions: http://www.vegasauditions.com/ (online subscription required)
POLARIS DANCE THEATRE – PORTLAND, OR
Based in Portland, Oregon, Polaris Dance Theatre is a contemporary modern dance company under the artistic direction of Robert Guitronâs. Polaris dancers are compensated financially as well as through benefits such as free tuition for all classes at the Polaris Contemporary Dance Center, professional development, free tickets for friends and family, and other opportunities. Interested applicants can schedule an audition by submitting their headshot and resume (saved in a single PDF document with their full name as the doc title) accompanied by a video reel (YouTube links only) to Rehearsal and Junior Company Director M’Liss Stephenson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latest audition information: http://www.polarisdance.org/company/auditions/
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN – SINGERS WHO MOVE WELL – SALT LAKE CITY, UT
Universal Studios Japan is seeking singers who move well. Male/Female Pop Singer: Singers who are comfortable with various styles of singing including one or more of the following: gospel, pop, R&B and classical; Must be strong movers; Performers also perform in seasonal and special shows, events, greetings and parades; Click on link below to submit a headshot and resume; Upon approval, audition material and details will be provided. To be considered for this role, all performers must: Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the audition; Have a valid passport or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner; Be willing to commit to contract for up to 13 months in Osaka, Japan; Be willing to work outdoors. Frankenstein: Smooth, cool lady charmer.182.5cm (6’0”) or taller; Baritone pop singer and strong mover; Sings to an F with nice low tones and a strong falsetto; Performers also perform in seasonal and special shows, events, greetings and parades; Click on link below to submit a headshot and resume; Upon approval, audition material and details will be provided. To be considered for this role, all performers must: Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the audition; Have a valid passport or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner; Be willing to commit to contract for up to 13 months in Osaka, Japan; Be willing to work outdoors. Bride of Frankenstein: Soulful, sassy and sexy female with a strong stage presence; Alto or soprano, with a strong belt up to C#; Must be a strong mover; Performers also perform in seasonal and special shows, events, greetings and parades; Click on link below to submit a headshot and resume; Upon approval, audition material and details will be provided. To be considered for this role, all performers must: Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the audition; Have a valid passport or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner; Be willing to commit to contract for up to 13 months in Osaka, Japan; Be willing to work outdoors.
- Auditions will be held Wed, Sep 30, 2015.
- To submit, please visit:https://www.usjauditions.com.au/register/
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN – DANCERS – SALT LAKE CITY, UT
Universal Studios Japan is seeking dancers. Dracula: Strong, sexy male, preferably 175cm (5’9″) and over in height; Great Dancer with singing experience; Pop tenor/baritone who can sing to an F#; Performers also perform in seasonal and special shows, events, greetings and parades; Click on link below to submit a headshot and resume; Upon approval, audition material and details will be provided. To be considered for this role, all performers must: Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the audition; Have a valid passport or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner; Be willing to commit to contract for up to 13 months in Osaka, Japan; Be willing to work outdoors. Wolfie: Excitable, young male, preferably 175cm (5’9″) and under in height; Strong dancer with singing experience; Pop tenor who sings to a G; Performers also perform in seasonal and special shows, events, greetings and parades; Click on the link below to submit a headshot and resume; Upon approval, audition material and details will be provided. To be considered for this role, all performers must: Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the audition; Have a valid passport or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner; Be willing to commit to contract for up to 13 months in Osaka, Japan; Be willing to work outdoors. Hip and Hop: Cute, perky cheerleader types; Strong dancers with singing experience; Pop singers, able to belt a C#; Performers also perform in seasonal and special shows, events, greetings and parades; Click on the link below to submit a headshot and resume; Upon approval, audition material and details will be provided. To be considered for this role, all performers must: Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the audition; Have a valid passport or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner; Be willing to commit to contract for up to 13 months in Osaka, Japan; Be willing to work outdoors.
- Auditions will be held Thu, Oct 1, 2015.
- To submit, please visit: https://www.usjauditions.com.au/register/
Miscellaneous Washington Auditions: http://tpsonline.org/auditions/auddb.php?action=active_list